At Tiara Labuan Hotel, we take personal data very seriously. We recognise that when you choose to provide us with information about yourself, you trust us to act in a responsible manner. Our company, Tiara Labuan Hotel Sdn Bhd, is fully compliant with the relevant laws in Malaysia. Please read this Privacy Statement to understand how we use the information that we may collect, how we may use of this information can benefit your experience on our website. This version of our privacy statement is updated as of 1 January, 2016.
The collection, storage and handling of your personal information is subject to the Data Protection Principle under the Personal Data Protection Act 2010 (PDPA). This maybe extended to cover other relevant laws in Malaysia.
By providing your personal information to us, you’re compliant to this Privacy Statement and the collection, uses, access, transfers, storages and processing of your personal information as described in this Privacy Statement.
Types of Personal Information to collect Tiara Labuan Hotel collects information about guests and visitors to our website so that we can provide an experience that is responsive to our guests and visitors’ need. The sources of personal information collected by us may include (but is not limited to) the following:
- Fulfilling reservation or information requests (e.g. name, ID number/ passport number, telephone, mobile telephone, fax number, credit card information, date of birth, gender, nationality, race, country of residence, address, email and etc).
- Purchasing product and services (e.g. credit card information or your bank account details, your associated billing addresses and expiration dates).
- Registering for an account on this website.
- Signing up to newsletters.
- Submitting a job application.
- Responding to communication from us (e.g. surveys, promotional offer, or reservation confirmations and etc).
- Accommodating to your personal preferences.
- Fulfilling requests for service or recommendation we provide you.
- Working with third party sources, including collecting publicly available information from social networking websites, to better assist us with understanding your interests and to serve you better.
Purpose of collecting your information
Tiara Labuan Hotel Sdn. Bhd. is fully committed to safeguarding the information collected from visitors or guests while using our websites, products and services. It is our practice not to ask you for information unless we need it or intend to use it. We generally use your information for administrative purposes. This includes processing, confirming, fulfilling, arranging and completing your bookings. We also use your information for the purpose of billing and accounting, security, marketing information, customer relations and also to help us provide future engagements with you. With your approval, we will also use your emails to provide marketing updates, booking confirmation and booking enquiries. Some of the primary purposes for collecting are as follows:
- Providing services such as processing a transaction (e.g. making a reservation, fulfilling a request for information, or completing a product order).
- Marketing and communications with you in relation to the products and services offered by Tiara Labuan Hotel, our strategic marketing partners and other trusted third parties.
- Performing market research via surveys to better serve your needs, improve the effectiveness of our websites, your hotel experience, our various types of communications, advertising campaigns, and/or promotion activites.
- Running tailored advertising campaigns that suits our customers’ profile.
You may opt out of marketing emails and the hotel surveys at any time by clicking on the link included in such communications, or by contacting us directly to select out of direct marketing, telemarketing, emails or surveys. You will always be offered the choice not to submit your personal data or decide what communications you want to receive from us. However, doing so may affect certain transactions. For example, we will not process a transaction without a valid name, email address and payment details.
Disclosure of your personal information
From time to time, we may disclose and transfer your personal data and information (whether within or outside of Malaysia) to our business partners such as travel-related companies (for example, airline companies, car rental companies and excursion tour companies), and third party data processors who provide administrative, telecommunications, payment or other services to facilitate your requests or provide you with goods and services you require. The recipients of any such data are contractually prohibited from using personal data and information for any purpose other than for the purpose(s) specified.
We reserve the right to disclose any personal data and information we have concerning you if we are compelled to do so by a court of law or requested to do so by a governmental entity or if we determine it is necessary or desirable to comply with the law or to protect or defend our rights or property. We also reserve the right to retain information collected and to process such information to comply with accounting and tax rules and regulations. We may share aggregated demographic information with business partners, affiliates or other entities. This aggregate information is not linked or traceable to any personally identifiable information about you.
Protecting sensitive information
We take extra precautions when dealing with your personal information. We will take the appropriate steps to protect your privacy. The following outlines the extra precautions we take:
- Credit card and bank details are used only for payments.
- We do not sell any of the information that you have provided us via our channels to any other companies or individuals without your permission.
Children under the age of 18 are requested to not submit, post or share information with us without parental or legal guardian approval. Information collected from people under the age of 12 will never be sold or shared with any of our partners. Also, it will not be used for any marketing campaigns.
Using of cookies
The usage of cookies on our website is in no way linked to any personally identifiable information. Cookies are purely used for programming purposes and to save your time because it helps to provide you a customized experience without you having to remind us on your preference each time you return to our web pages. We use them as a mechanism to remember the information that is selected from one page to another.
Updating privacy statement
We will amend this privacy statement in order to comply with the latest the laws. The updated version shall apply and supersede all the previous versions. However, the updated privacy statement does not apply before its effective date.
Tiara Labuan Hotel
Jalan Tanjung Batu,
87007 Labuan F.T, Malaysia
Tel : 60 87 414300
Fax : 60 87 410195 | 581770
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org